1. When Danijel (my mentor for the internship) was on vacation, Carlos introduced me to other people of our group. I introduced myself like, “My name is XXX. Danijel is fired. I am here to replace him…”
2. Today I was on a medium hike with my friends including Christine and her boyfriend Jeremy. We discussed about how we like exercising and working out. I told them I have been working out a lot and comforted Jeremy who can’t do the same like, “That’s OK, man. You don’t have to do that. You already have girlfriend. I am working out hard because I need a girlfriend…”
3. On our last Sunday’s hike, we were trying to figure out which direction to go when Chandra told us that we should go in one specific direction. I was like, “Well, I am not sure I can trust woman’s direction sense…”
4. On our last Sunday’s hike, Chandra turned out to be a really really good hiker and even better than me, since she is from Montana area, which I had no idea about and even suggested her of not slowing us down before the hike. So by the end of the hike, I apologized to her like, “Chandra, I am sorry for my disrespect for your hiking skill…”
5. I am living in a one bedroom apartment and the landlord is Pattie, an interesting lady at my mum’s age. We joke a lot with each other. On the day I moved in, I tried to pull my car into the drive way and unload my stuff, when she reminded me of the toughness of doing that due to the narrowness of the drive way. But I still did it. After everything is done, I had to confess to her that, “Pattie, you were right. It is not easy to pull my car into the drive way.” She was like, “See? I told you…”
“Oh, I am sorry. I am still young…” I kidded her referring to the fact that young people don’t wanna follow elders’ advice.
Yes, that’s sad story.