1. I really don’t enjoy wearing the safety goggle while working in the lab, but Carlos required me to do so. Yesterday Carlos saw me going to the restroom with the safety goggle on and therefore reminded me, “Hey Barton, you don’t have to wear the goggle in the restroom.”
I was like, “Yes, I have to. It is too dangerous in the restroom. I might get hurt…”
2. I am going to hike for around 5-7 hours on a nearby mountain this Sunday with seven other interns including Chandra. I never met Chandra until in a lunch workshop. The moment we knew each other, I asked her, “Are you the only girl going to hike with us?” She said probably. So I asked, “Are you gonna to slow us down?…”
3. On our way to the gym, I told Carlos that I was good at long distance running and was the third place out of 12 classes in the 3000 meters’ race in my senior high. So Carlos asked me, “Were you there for Beijing Olympics?”
I was like, “No, I can’t compete in Olympics. I am a professional athlete…”
(For a long long period, only amateurs are allowed to compete in Olympics. This is still true for some sports in current Olympic Game.”).
(Carlos was actually asking if I was in Beijing during Beijing Olympic Game 2008…)
4. The other day, Ram walked into the lab and I kidded him, “Hey Ram, is your bother ROM?”
(Here are the definitions of Ram and Rom)
5. Dan is doing his internship for the second time and is really helpful offering other interns with the information we need. On the other hand, he introduced himself as the batman without an costume during icebreaking. The other day he sent us useful information through group email again, so I replied the group email like, “Hey Dan, I think you owns us an explanation why you failed to show up in Avengers…”
(Here is the Avengers I referred to. )
There was a huge shower before the softball game last Monday. But I saw a whole rainbow after the shower. If you look closely, you are able to see a whole rainbow in the below picture.