I am doing an internship in GE Global Research Center and working with Danijel (my mentor), Ram and Carlos on one project.
1. On Friday’s afternoon, four of us were working on the circuit and firmware in the lab, when Danijel, Ram and Carlos started to talk about their kids for some reason. After each of them finished their story, I had no choice but talked like, “Well, I am sorry. I wish I could have kids so that I can share some experience with you guys…”
2. In my first week of the internship, I figured out something that has been bothering group members for a while. They were pretty happy about me. Carlos made a comment to me like, “Mingwu, you are doing great and just got promoted… to have a tea with us…”
3. On our way to have the tea, we were talking about the relaxation in the coming weekend when Carlos kidded himself like, “Well, when you have four kids like me, you will never get relaxed.”
I was like, “Well, Whose fault is that?”
“My wife.” Carlos answered.
“So you didn’t help?” I kidded him.
4. Danijel is going to have a two weeks’ vacation starting from next Monday. Carlos and I wished him to have a nice vacation when Danijel said “Thanks. I think it’s gonna be my best vacation ever.”
Carlos was like,”That’s good attitude.”
“Well, when I come back, I wanna have everything about this project done. I don’t wanna worry anything about it.” Danijel kidded.
“Err… That’s not good attitude…” I kidded back…
5. During the first day of the internship, all new interns of GE Global Research Center were taking turns to introduce themselves, when a guy stood up and said, “My name is XXX. My hobby is to find deals on internet for my wife…”
On my way from Michigan to NY, I saw this amazing double rainbow. I felt totally lucky.