1. Mara saw me with a girl the other day, so she kidded me in the kitchen yesterday like “Hi Barton, what is going on between you and the girl I saw the other day?” “Nothing is going on between us.” I told her. “Are you sure? She is beautiful and nice. You don’t like beautiful and nice girl?” Mara simply kept talking. “No. I like ugly, old and mean girl…” I kidded back.
2. One professor in Chemical Engineering moved to the room next to our office. I found one extra trash can in our office the other day, so I knocked that professor’s door to see if it’s his. Then we had a nice conversation, he asked me “How is Rama doing? Is he still on sabbatical?” “Yes he is” I answered (My professor is taking a one-year sabbatical this year for some reason.) “How are you guys doing without him?” the professor continued asking. “I think we enjoy ourselves without him.” I told him…
3. I was at an event held by MSU’s international student office, whose director said he would do anything to help us during an informal conversation with a few people including me. So I interrupted him and said “You can turn us into American citizen if you like…”
4. That director laughed and we continued our conversation, when he mentioned his college life and how he met his wife. So I asked him, “Were you and your wife American citizens before you married?” He said yes. “Then what’s point for you to get married?” I kidded him again.
5. Last Oct before Halloween, Anna posted something on our house’s Facebook group asking if she can have six people come over for Halloween. So I replied like, “Oh? Since when did Anna have six friends? That’s new to me.”
I just finished reading the book of “Steve Jobs” 2 hours ago. What an inspiring figure! My tears welled up my eyes several times when I was reading this book and watching Apple’s 1997 commercial on Youtube. He is my spiritual idol. I give my best respect to him.